Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wedding Colors

I've gone back and forth on the color thing, and I'm still undecided, but it'll be good to get some thoughts down on it now and see if it helps.

I'm a big fan of varying shades of blue, but one that I really love is teal.  Teal looks great with a lot of different accents, but I love it best with orange or a dusty pink color.






However, the problem with a color like teal is that there seems to be different definitions of teal.  Add the fact that teal options are difficult to find, and you end up either having to pay more to get the color or DIY more decorations.  So now I need to look at other color options that are more readily available.  Turquoise or Aqua might be acceptable options to teal since they're pretty similar but more available.

Here are some other palette contenders that are variations of teal and rose/orange.

Turquoise, navy, and grey (wintry palette)

Yellow, orange, and aqua (summer or autumn palette)

Royal blue and gold (spring or summer palette)

Maroon, aqua, and "bubble gum" (spring or summer palette)
(Okay, so I'm not thrilled with the name "bubble gum," but it's a fun color combination.)

Papaya, navy, gunmetal (autumn palette)
(Seriously, who comes up with these names? No wonder colors are so freaking hard to find!)


I could live with any of these color combinations for a long time.  Maybe the best thing to do is to see which season would work best, which means seeing when ideal venues are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment