Thursday, July 21, 2011

Flavored Salts and Sugars as Favors

I had wanted to do flavored salts as Christmas gifts last season, but I think I might save them as potential wedding favors instead once I figure out the costs.  There are a couple of benefits to using flavored salts as a wedding favor:
  • Edible wedding favors are fun!
  • Flavored salts probably last a long time since you don't need to sprinkle a ton of salt in one sitting (though I'm not sure what the shelf life is on these babies considering any moisture content).
  • They're easy to make in batches as long as you have a food processor!
  • There are so many flavors you could make that there's really something for everyone.
  • Different types means different colors, too!  So pretty!
  • They should be pretty cost effective.  How much is a pound of salt at the store, maybe a few bucks?  Add in whatever flavors you want to combine, and I'm guessing you could make it for less than $1 per favor (add in the cost of the container and labels, and it's probably about a dollar per favor).  I think the salt bowl and spoon are super cute, but I gotta keep this under budget.  Maybe wooden spoons.


Other potential flavored salt recipes to use:

We could also try the flavored sugar variant, but I don't see as many recipes for this online.  However, I did find these babies on AlwaysOrderDessert.com:



Holy crap, flavored/colored sugar cubes??  I DIE.  Probably too much DIY work for what I want to do, but how adorable are these???

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about these cute favor ideas. Went for my neighbors' wedding at one of the well known wedding venues couple of weeks back. Their set up was amazing and host did the food arrangements very well. Even the décor was simple yet classy. Gifted a huge bouquet and a designer wall painting for their living area.

    ReplyDelete