Monday, December 7, 2009

Purpose of this blog

Okay, I know this is absurd and maybe a little creepy that I'd take note of details I like for a future wedding when I don't even have a marriage proposal on the table (and I don't think I'm even close to it yet, even though I adore my sweetheart and know he adores me just the same). 

But I don't care.  I think weddings are beautiful, and I admire the level of detail and planning that goes into these events to celebrate a special love between two people.  I also realize that planning weddings can take a lot of time, energy, and thought to make the event itself very successful.  So I figure, I like looking at details anyway, so why not just log them in and do a sort of "wedding planning scrapbook" blog?

I think that through this medium, I'd be able to really explore wedding detail aspects that represent me and the relationship I want to continue nurturing through marriage. My theme would probably go along the lines of: fun, love, laughter (but laughing WITH, not laughing AT :P). I'd want a simple, colorful wedding surrounded by people who mean something to us (with maybe a few spots saved for the obligatory family-friend guests because we're Asian and need to save face).

This blog is really just meant for me and no one else, but I don't mind posting my ideas publicly in case strangers happen to have some interesting ideas they'd like to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment