Saturday, July 31, 2010

First dress?

I was hanging out with girlfriends K and C, whom are getting married themselves (not to each other, though!).  After happy hour, we headed back to K's place for C to try on her wedding dress.  Their friend had bought 3 dresses at a sample sale, so K invited me to try one of them on, just for fun.  It was a mermaid silhouette, one that I hadn't considered before in my browsing for wedding dresses, and I looked fabulously curvy!  I wasn't crazy about the dress itself, but I liked the idea of showing off my figure (and I think the mister would love it, too!).

I wish I had a photo to show you, but I was worried it'd be bad luck before even getting the proposal! :(

Another issue I've come across in the dress search is that I know my mom has her heart set on making my wedding dress.  I'd rather buy a dress and ask her to alter it, but I'd hate to hurt her feelings.  Plus I have 3 more sisters after me, and I see this as "taking one for the team."  But it's been awhile since she's made dresses for people, so maybe she's not as keen on the idea anymore?  Or, as K and C suggested, maybe I could ask her to make my ao dai.  I'll cross that bridge when it comes, but until then I'll keep looking through dresses for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment